At Lucette, we understand the stress involved with planning a wedding, and we’re here to do everything on our end to put you at more ease. It starts by sitting down to speak with our bridal coordinator to assess what services exactly you and your party members will require. We recommend doing this at least four months in advance of your wedding date for the best chance of ensuring availability not only for you, but also for members of your party. Please note, if bridal party members do not schedule appointments ahead of time, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate them.
Our team are always dedicated to making sure you feel like the best version of yourself, so your wedding day should capture the pinnacle of that ideal. We want you to be confident, relaxed, and perfectly lovely on your special day. For that reason, we require our brides to have a styling and makeup trial the week prior to the wedding. Styling consultations are strongly encouraged for bridesmaids or groomsmen, (out-of-towners may do so over the phone), and they are welcome to schedule a trial of their own if they wish.
In order to reserve your date(s), a 50% deposit will be taken at the time of booking, with the remainder of the balance due one week prior to the event. Because so much time is reserved for bridal groups, four weeks notice is required for any cancellations or changes to receive a refund of the deposit. Additionally, per our usual appointment policy, payment in full will be taken for any cancellations occurring within fewer than 48 hours for any supplemental services booked outside the date of the actual event.
Please give us a call at 815-986-1550 to discover our availability around your dates, and to schedule an initial bridal planning appointment. At this appointment, we will be able to address further details including an accurate price quote for your specific needs, on-site options, package deals, and more.
Information to consider prior to your planning appointment:
- How many members of your party will want their hair styled, and how many will want makeup? Do any of them have short hair or special circumstances of any kind?
- What time and where will your ceremony take place, and will you have photos taken beforehand or not?
- What is the overall esthetic goal of your wedding? Colors, mood, etc?
- Will you be looking to improve your complexion, or the condition or color of your hair leading up to the wedding?
- Will you and your bridesmaids be looking to have your nails done? We are no longer offering manicures, but we are happy to make recommendations.
- It is advisable to plan on scheduling a blowout or style for your rehearsal dinner, so your hair will be expertly prepped for the morning. We also recommend coordinating a bridal shower or bachelorette party to line up with your trial hair and makeup.
- More and more men are interested in looking professionally coiffed as well. Consider if your fiance, father, or any groomsman will need a haircut (we generally recommend one week prior to any event), and if he would like to have it styled the day of as well.